Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One Year Old!

You turned one!

Oh Hannah, when did this happen? When did you get to be such a big girl? It seems like only yesterday I sat on the operating table and talked with the nurses about what I was planning to name you, and then a few minutes later the doctor lifted you above the curtain in and I got my very first glimpse of you... And then I heard everyone exclaiming, "She has RED hair!!!" before they put you on my chest and you lay quietly looking at me with those bright blue eyes... What a precious gift, my little bit of Grace.


And now it's a year later, and never has a little girl lived up to her name more than you. Grace. That's what you are to me, to all of those who love you best.

Happy Birthday Hannah Grace! What a good GOOD day.

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting to check here and now it's so long since your birthday but I am excited to meet you in about a week.
    A very belated but very happy Bithday to you Hannah. You are such a sweet and precious little girl :)

    ReplyDelete